Sunday 10 May 2009

Sunday 10th May 2009

Really struggling for what to write today.

The week started badly, but I had my best day for ages yesterday so I thought things might be on the up. Most of today has been good too, but I've just had a relapse and I'm sick again.

Drug regime changed again on Tuesday - I've added the Cyclazine back into the mix, three times a day on the order of my care team, but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.

I'm waiting on my appointment with the surgeon, which should be early June, and it's possible I'll have some kind of tests - maybe a swallow test, to see if there is anything physical causing this. From that I can infer that this is going on longer than even the team expect.

Its a shame. If every day was like yesterday, I'd be well on my way to full recovery, but with the spectre of being sick hanging over you every time you eat something, it pretty much limits what you can do in life.

Things have actually taken a turn for the worse in that it is not just the feeling of nausea anymore, I am actually being sick. Luckily, due to the change in plumbing inside of me, not much comes up and it is mostly a lot of unpleasant noise (if I was throwing up all the food, I'd be seriously worried - I'm eating little enough as it is). This is definitely worse than when I came out of hospital.

I was really looking forward to being able to be a bit more positive and jovial today, but it seems that this is set to drag on and on.

Let's hope for some respite this week.

Now I have to go and lie down I'm afraid.

See ya.

Colin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there mate. You've put up with an awful lot as it is. See what the surgeon has to say but I'd still be hoping for things to settle down with the right anti-emetic regime.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Chin-up Colin, I can only begin to think how frustrating this must be and hope a fix is found soon.
On the car front, a pal and collegue of ours has just gone and bought a beach buggy, which is 85% finished. He's not a million miles from you in Manchester, if you fancy exploring let me know and I'll connect you with him.
jb

Anonymous said...

Awwww Colin, doesn't sound too great. I hope things improve.

On a lighter note, you'll be delighted to hear that Sitara likes singing #'Badger Badger Badger, Mushrooooom, Mushroooom.....' !!!

BTW - Adrian has found a couple of people interested in buying the Bullett....who knows... this time next year, he might actually sell it!

Love from Down South, K, A, S, N XXXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin,

Just saw in the news how Ginger root is supposed to ease nausea in chemo patients. I know you aren't on chemo but maybe it might help?

"Simply adding a teaspoon of ginger to food consumed in the days before, during and after chemotherapy can reduce the often-debilitating side effects of nausea and vomiting, a large, randomized clinical trial has found."

Here's a link from our local paper.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/nation/epaper/2009/05/14/a2a_nausea_0515.html

Of course you should research before trying.

Hope this info helps!

Barb

Anonymous said...

Hey Col
All sounds shitty. Not fair is it? Just keep going, remember we're all geeing you on, and try the ginger thing...you never know?
Thinking of coming to see you if you can cope with us for a couple of hours, but prob not till summer hols...been too long no see.
Snogs KT