Sunday 28 February 2010

Sunday 28th Februar 2010

Wow - these posts are normally short due to lack of what to say, but not so today!

Starting with Thursday, I had a practice run downstairs to get out of bed. All was slow but ok until I went to go to bed again. Unfortunately, my legs gave way on the last stair and I collapsed. Luckily I was far enough up to grasp the landing and stay up, but I fell to the floor and that meant I couldn't get up, even with Vanda's help. We had to call the emergency response unit.

After 30 minutes on the floor, someone arrived and helped me to my feet which was welcome!

The gig on Friday was a huge success... We had a great turnout, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and best of all we raised a lot of money for Cancer UK. Final total to follow.

I nearly didn't make it on time though. My general lack of energy due to not being out of the house for more than a month (not even downstairs for 3 weeks) put paid to that.

This meant a last minute shower and a bit of a rush to the car down two flights of stairs step by step with a stick. A detour for money and petrol meant we did arrive a bit late, but it was worth is when we got there and great to see everyone ...




Guildford Posse - Adrian, Alison, Matt (nothern imposter), Ringo, Scotch


Ex-work colleagues - Rich, Chris, Kate, H, Rachel, Al






I Started the second set with the first three songs wich was great too - thanks to my stand-in bass-player, Geoff, for the loan of his guitar!



Ali Fontella

In the end, I stayed on till nearly 1am - and was one of the last to leave which was longer than expected!

All in all a great night - thanks again in particular to the Guildford crowd for making it up north!

I got home and Ross next door had stayed up to give me a piggy back upstairs - very, very grateful as I was on my last legs

Saturday

I slept really well til before lunch, then was on the phone to a friend whilst Vanda was in the room.

Apparently, I went quiet on the phone, but I was looking away from Vanda. By the time I looked back, my eyes were rolling in my head and I was shaking. I have no memory at all of this till about 30 minutes later when I woke up in bedroom surrounded by paramedics and a nurse - apparently I'd had a fit which was a little distressing for Vanda!

No indication or warning, but we guess it was due to the exertion the day before. Yesteday evening and this morning seem ok, although I am a little "dazed and confused", memory is a bit erratic (especially of the event itself) and I'm limited to one espresso a day now (booo)

9 comments:

jbee68 said...

Great to see you made it to the stage on Friday, what were the 2 songs?

Cheers
jb

Alan said...

Well done for making the gig, looks great fun. Good to see you stutting your stuff! A&A

scotch said...

Man, you couldn't PhotoShop my hamster cheeks? Ah well. Let the record stand that I Was There complete with shiny face.

ooh matron said...

Hey Colin, looks like you had a great time on Friday, I'm sorry we couldn't make it. It's good to see photo's of the 'old' Guildford posse together again, takes me back to the 'halcyon' days of Rec Road (well hazy memories anyway!).
Lots of big squashy hugs and wet kisses (no tongues) Annnnnieeee xxx

steve griffiths said...

Dear Mr. Fishperson,

Glad to see you doing the 4 string shuffle again. So wish Im could have been there to do a bit of Cardboard Church!

Cheers

Steve and McSween

The Chronic Gardener said...

I'm really glad you found the energy to play, good on ya. Sorry I couldn't make it. Love, Ros x

Anonymous said...

it was so lovely to see you and fabulous to see you up on stage again. And so great to meet up with Ringo and Adrian again after more than twenty years....where did all that time go?! Much love to you and Vanda..Alison xxx

Anonymous said...

Col,

I dropped Al and Barb at the airport, so they will be in your home soon! They called yesterday looking for a ride to the airport. I was out to dinner with my wife Moon for our second aniversary. Had no idea where you were at. Just read your complete blog! Did you get a photo with the Stig? Unbelevable stuff. You were the skinhead at the rec way way back when. Reading this you are the zen master of dealing with the cards delt. I wish I could have come over with Al and Barb. The poster from Stonehenge Festival is framed in my home. I admired it so much in the rec and you were so nice to bring it to me here in Florida. You were looking great at your concert at the Railway Club. Keep up the positive.

Love to you,

John

Anonymous said...

Hey Colin
Luvly to see pickies of you and absolutely brill what you're doing. You are FAB!
Luv KT x