Saturday 29 November 2008

Saturday 29th November 2008

Hi folks,

Again, thanks for the continued messages of goodwill and it was great chatting to some of you on the phone last night. Your support is very welcome, and I'm hugely appreciative! Vanda, you know I'm especially grateful to you for everything.

Only change today is that I woke up at 5am this morning for a wee and felt quite nauseaus (I must learn to spell that word properly as I seem to be using it a lot! :)). I don't have a specific drug for overnight, I take pills at 9am, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm, so the overnight gap is the longest and I should expect some intervals of nausea. Luckily I do have one of the drugs which is for an "as needed" basis as opposed to the regular daily dose, and one of those this morning put me right.

Over the years of my life, as most of you will know, I've not been a stranger to nausea - unfortunately, I used to have the fun of the night out before though! :)

Anyway, thanks again for "dipping in" to my blog, and I hope I'm managing to get over that I'm well and this isn't getting me down - and I'm being as honest as I can - I'm not trying to put a brave face on things. I plan to post when I'm feeling crap as well, but hopefully those posts will be few and far between!

By the way, I'm getting a bit worried. I'm reading lots of inspirational stories of people surviving cancer and going on to run marathons and win the Tour de France etc - Is that what I've got to do then??? Can't I just survive it then have a nice quiet life in front of the telly? :)

Thanks,

Colin.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hi C. Great to see you today! Thanks for the best tasting coffee in Hx! Have posted a profile - hopefully it will make you smile - my Meryl Streep pose! Hope to see you soon. Love to you and Vanda.
Anne xx

Al said...

Hey you
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday (Vanda too of course)...do you want me to bring owt like?
Love yer
Al.xx

Anonymous said...

Good and bad to hear from you on Saturday old friend. So this is a blog...? Groovy. I will see you real soon. Chris & Nic