Thursday 11 June 2009

Thursday 11th June 2009

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for all the good wishes in texts, emails, phone calls and blog posts - I much appreciate it! And thanks Flo for the tribute during your 5k run - well done you for finishing! Can I count that as my marathon attempt now? :)

This is an extra post because I might not be available to post on Sunday (we'll see), and I also wanted to keep you updated on my London trip.

I've just got home, and it's been a great success. I've felt ok nearly the whole time (had to cough up my pudding in the loo at the event this afternoon because I ate too much, but no associated nausea - sorry if that was too much info! :)

Everything started particularly well whenwhen I got to my hotel on Tuesday night and was unexpectedly upgraded to a nice 12th floor suite - I must have looked sick or something! Nice view out of the window too:

That's the Tower of London and Tower Bridge in case you don't recognise it!

Main presentation yesterday went down very well and I slipped back into presentation mode without a second thought, even though it is about 8 months now since I gave one (wow, it doesn't seem that long!) - I really enjoyed it! All the smaller sessions went well too and I didn't suffer at all. I was quite tired yesterday, and it didn't help that I overslept because I set my alarm for PM instead of AM (D'Oh!), but I managed to get to the event on time by skipping breakfast so all was well, and I had plenty of opportunity to sit down, so the tiredness didn't affect me too much.

Today was nice and easy too. Sorry Jen and Adele, I was at a different event from the one you were at - I'm sure Andy told you though. Shame we didn't meet up. Maybe if Elspeth's idea of a Mercury reunion in July comes off, and I'm not in the middle of some treatment, we can catch up then?

Good to see some folks today and yesterday and to have a drink with some of you last night - I can't believe I had a half of cider and declined the offer of a curry - how times change! :(

All in all a very good couple of days, and encouraging for the prospect of getting out and about a bit more often.

Will post again on Wednesday to report on the oncologist meeting, if not before.

Cheers,

Colin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mate,

Great that you haved a good work session in c*** London. And better still that you're just getting on with things. Richard Griffiths was not in today but will call him tmoz.

You're an inspiration mate. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Col
Well done with the presentations and great to hear they went well and that you enjoyed it just a pity jen and I were at a different venue! Funny we were just chatting about getting a Mercury reunion organised very soon so trust Elspeth to beat us to it. There were quite a few old faces at Reading, Ray Tomany, Ollie Hunt, George S , Mike Wylde !!
I'll get in touch with Elspeth to ensure we get something organised.
Take care and enjoy restful weekend.
lots of love and hugs Adele xx

Anonymous said...

Its me again,, I'm off on another holiday tomorrow but wanted to wish you all the very best with your session with the Oncologist. Good luck and take care
lots of hugs and kisses Adele xx